Mark Herr from the Center for Self Governance joins Dylan Moore of Irida TV to discuss the alarming issue of private entities, like the ADL and SPLC, training executive branch agencies to respond to words with definitions made, not by any legislative authorities, but by the ADL and the SPLC themselves. Words like “domestic violent extremist” and “white supremacist” have no legal definitions, but executive branch and law enforcement agencies are receiving training from the ADL and SPLC to react as if these ARE legal terms, and they’re utilizing the definitions provided by these organizations to act on them, which is power specifically reserved for legislatures.
In essence, these organizations are acting with legislative authority.
This show delves into where the problem is coming from and what to do to address it.
- Thumbnail art borrowed from Roberlan Borges Paresqui: https://dribbble.com/shots/8216847-Domestic-Terrorism#
- WA Attorney General Domestic Terrorism study: https://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazonaws.com/2022%20Domestic%20Terrorism%20Study.pdf
- Center for Self Governance: https://centerforselfgovernance.com/
- Political Weaponization of Labels: https://www.centerforselfgovernance.com/pwol/
- Political Weaponization of Government: https://www.centerforselfgovernance.com/pwog/